Artist Name: Sophie DeBattista
How long you have been performing?
I have been performing for quite a while, it started off with dancing, then came the singing, then I eventually decided to pick up the guitar and for the past 2 years I have focussing on my song writing. I would say that in total it has been approximately 10 years since I started, and what a journey it's been.
Why do you like to perform?
I love performing for so many reasons that aren't always that easy to identify. On the top of that list would definitely be to see people's reaction to my original music and to see how it effects them. I also get such a buzz out of performing live, especially when it includes performing original material with my band.
Who is the person you would most like to perform on stage with?
The person you would most like to perform on stage with would have to be Ed Sheeran, would love to do an acoustic set on guitars with him!!
What is the best highlight so far in your career?
So far in my career I have been lucky enough to be blessed with many exciting opportunities which in turn have created many highlights for me. Some of my favourites have been: performing at the World Pride London in Trafalgar Square (2012), performing at The Roundhouse in Camden where I met Boris Johnson and Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, performing at The IndigO2 - support act to Ciara, performing at the Malta Eurovision Song Contest, being part of The Brits, getting to the grand final of OpenMicUK and receiving a scholarship at the Institute of Contemporary Music Performing.
Which women inspire you?
Women who inspire me are Beyonce, Rihanna, Jessie J, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift and Lorde.
What is Your #FreedomTo statement? #FreedomTo be different and stand out from the crowd!
- Planet LondonHome page
- Calendarwhat's on for lesbians in London?
- Directoryultimate lesbian listings for London
- featured features, articles & reviews
- Giving
Backsupporting LGBT charities - Exclusive
OffersShop, offers,
competitions - Scene Shapervoice of
the scene - Live & Streamingfrom stage to sofa
- Members Area
Sign in and save
Welcome to the Planet London Features page. You are welcome to comment on any features.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Planet-London.com 2011-2013
Part of the Ultimate Planet universe: Ultimate Planet | Planet London | Planet Publishing | Planet PR and Marketing | Planet Fiction
About | Advertise with us | Privacy | Terms and conditions | Sitemap
No comments:
Post a Comment